Monday, May 16, 2011

Get Away



Sometimes a couple just needs to get a way - and this past weekend, we did just that. Our 22nd anniversary is literally around the corner and Chris had a huge high school event scheduled this past weekend. At the last minute, we decided we'd go to the reunion, and make it an anniversary celebration as well. What fun we had. From surprising people (who thought we weren't coming), to making new friends, to seeing the oldest daughter and our beloved grand-daughter to overcrowded flights, and lost vehicles in the parking lot!



I once thought we'd never go anywhere without the kids because I always thought it was such a selfish thing when parents would "abandon" their kidlets to go have adult time. Now, I totally am wiser and totally understand the value of such a time. We knew that with my camp season getting ready to start, that we'd have little to no time at all for the rest of the summer and knew we needed to take advantage of it.



So we flew into the spousal units hometown under the darkness of night (seriously, it was late) and stranded ourselves at a hotel for the weekend, having to rely on friends for transportation or take advantage of the laziness that lack of transportation affords one. We I got my training runs each and every day, and managed to eat relatively cleanly for having to have every meal at a restaurant; however, I think the chefs and waiters were glad I left!



I encourage you to take advantage of a quiet weekend with your spouse - you'll feel renewed and re-energized!